Precious Barkday"s Ticker

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Favourite Books Tag

Blue has tagged me to name my five favourite books. I've thought hard over it and decided to do a combination of sista's and my favourites. Kor? Nah he's never a big fan of books. Haha.

I can't read books with many words, you know, that would make me really sleepy. So I enjoy reading books with lots of illustrations to capture my attention.

One of my favourites is fairy tales by Enid Blyton.

You might not know, but, I'm a strong believer in fairies and pixies and such cos this would explain why:

1) Sista was not able to find some of my baby teeth'. *The tooth fairy must have taken it.*
2) My yummylicious treats finish incredibly fast. *I shared with the lil' guys.*
3) I'm always excited at night. *They party every night!*

Moving on to one of sista's favourites - The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

It's about heaven in a different view where our earthly life is explained to us by five people who may have been our loved ones or distant strangers. Yet each of them crossed and changed our path when we were alive.

Now, my next favourite book is Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. Aww, who could resist a cute lil' pig who is in danger from becoming smoked bacon and ham? *Slurp, Opps!* And of cos not forgetting the beautiful and smart spidey, Charlotte, who saved Wilbur's life with her web!

Together in this pic is another of my sista's favourite - Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor. *This was my sista's Literature book many years ago!* The story took place in 1930s Mississippi ,where the Blacks, struggling to gain equality would be to endanger family and friends. It broke sista's heart to learn the bitter truth during that harsh period. *That woman is made of glass or what?*

Last but not least is again, sista's favourite - novels by Danielle Steel's.

All about romances with happy endings. *Geez, usual girls' stuffs.*

Now I'll tag Lorenza, Stanley, Rossi, Amber-Mae and Ume! I'm sure you all read more interesting books than me and my sista! *She actually has more Archie's comics than books!*

8 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Ooooh, you sure have a lot of favorite books. I don't really like t read books that much, they're boooring. But sometimes I do lie to look at pictures of doggies in the books but I can't read so I ask my mommy to read for me & tell me what it means, heehee!!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh that's really intersting books you and your sista read Precious. :)

~ girl girl

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Oooh, the Enid Blyton books brought back happy memories for my mum! She also read the "Roll of thunder" book at school!

Licks
Oscar x

Kien said...

wow.. u have a good selection of books.. enid blyton and danielle steel are few of my mom's fav last time.. now she old already.. her taste changes..hehehe... for me.. hmm... let's see... nope.. i think am good at ripping them off than read them.. hehehe..

Love
Golden Rossi

Simba and Jazzi said...

Some of those books look a bit big to chew.

Simba xx

Gwyn Valentine said...

Nice selection of books!
My mum loves Enid Blyton when she was young. Mummy says Mitch Albom is a good author too!

Love,
Reina

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Precious, like your book choices! Enid Blyton was one of J1's favourites when she was young, hundreds of years ago! J x

Stanley said...

Precious!

Did the fairies leav anything when they took your baby teeth?

Thanks for the book reviews. I too like books with lots of pictures.

I'm a little behind on posting my fave books, but I will definitely do it!

Goober love & kisses,
Stanley