Precious Barkday"s Ticker

Thursday, September 6, 2007

My First Day

Lil' Reina tagged me to share about my first day with my hoomans.

A brief history: Sista wanted a silky terrier pup for a very long time. Why Silky? Well, sista used to have this very old poster of SPCA which featured the face of a crossed breed pup. She lurves that look of the pup and she concluded that that pup has the closest look to a silky terrier. I'm glad she thought so else there will be no me now.

The fateful day: On 6th January 2006, my Shaney called Kor to inform him that one of the pet shops she used to work in brought in 3 silky pups, so she asked sista and Kor to go down to have a look. Knowing that all 3 pups were female, they thought that they would just go take a look. *They were actually thinking of getting a male pup.*

The shop owner brought my siblings and me out of our cages and put us in a playpen. We were whining and fighting for my hoomans' attention. Well, as you all know, my hoomans changed their mind and decided to get one of us instead. They observed my siblings and me while we wrestled and nipped each other. Finally, I got tired of playing and decided to sit at a corner and ignoring my siblings even when they pounced on me. Sista carried me out when she saw that and I gave her a very innocent look. She asked whether I wanna go home with her and the rest is history. *Grinz*

The first day home was chaotic. I started biting my hoomans' toes once I'm free to run about. Wished you all could see those funny scenes where they either ran or jumped up on seats so I couldn't reach their toes. Hahaha. Of cos, this ended me in jail very soon. That night, the rest of my hoomans came home, needless to say, it was lurve at first sight for them. I spent my first night in the pitched dark kitchen. I was a very brave pup, I slept through soundly with very little occasional whines.

I was a very black pup, it's hard to capture my face, especially with lousy camera phone. Hehe.


Using a better camera. Erm, I think I'm afraid of height.


Stiffed. Too scared to move.


I now tag Boo, River, Luckie gal, Scruffy and Toto to tell us about their first days/nights.

24 comments:

Lizzy said...

You were so cute as a puppy! (And you still are cute, of course!) Thanks for sharing about your first day with your humans. =)

Sparky

~Sweety~ said...

Your puppy fotos are so cute!

Lots of Love,
Sweety

Goofy said...

hey, precious, you were so cute in your puppyhood, and of course are soooo beautiful now.. and mom and I love the pic you sleep straight,,, that is so funny!!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Precious
Thanks for sharing your first day home story! Sure it was love at first sight!!
I love all those puppy pictures of you!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Precious,
I'll work on your tag soon. Reina tagged me too. The good news is...on 8th Sept 2007 marks my first anniversary at home with my folks so I guess it's a good time to bring back the memories!! :)
I dind't know your hair color changes so much over the months. Very very interesting! :)

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Precious, you're such a cute puppy. I'm glad your sista picked you coz you must be the cuterest.


~ Girl girl

Bella said...

What a lucky Miss Precious to be picked and taken to such a great home.
You look so cute & tiny in the pictures you must have been very young.
Love the pictures.
Wuffs
Bella

Anonymous said...

awwww what a sweeet story! hee hee but i am not surprised, you were so cute as a puppy! :) it's interesting how you changed color, but both black and your present silvery hair are very nice :)

i just saw your hatching post. i couldn't stop laughing!!! hahaha

love..
chiyo

Kien said...

Awww.. am melting .. my heart melting.. my soul melting.. seeing u just makes me wanna fly... glad that ur sista has u now.. i bet she loves u very very very very much!..

Cheers
Rossi

Stanley said...

Precious!

I'm so happy that sista & Kor went to the pet store that day, and that you got tired of playing with your sisters, and that sista noticed, and that you knew how to give her an innocent look! Otherwise, I may never have met you!

You have grown so much from a cute pupgirl to the pretty gal you are now! Whoa! It probably seems like a very long time since you were back at that pet store.

Goober love,
Stanley

Simba and Jazzi said...

No wonder they picked you. You are so cute.


Simba xx

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, you were sooo cute & fluffy when you were just a wee pup. Your fur color has changed alot! I wonder how it turns from black to silky ha? Interested to know...Thanks for sharing this wonderful story Precious.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

umekotyan said...

A high place is fear.
Did not you rage?

from loved ume tyan

Scruffy said...

Hi Precious

I know you have tagged me. I have not forgotten. I need to get some of my baby pictures from Daddy then I will tell you all about my first days.

The Mighty Scruff

L said...

Hi Precious,
I knew you would be adorable as a puppy because you are stunning as a full grown pup. Thanks so much for sharing the story of your arrival. You are super special!

Love ya,
Sweets

Christaligia said...

Hi Precious... nice story :-) And boy you do look scared stiff. hehehe

Miss Reina said...

My mum thinks she knows which SPCA poster you are talking about and that is a really cute silky! hehehe

Sure you were as black as me when you were younger but you grew up to be beautiful!

Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Reina

Urban Smoothie Read said...

v alwiz enjoy seeing puppies pic.....u looks lovely..

Anonymous said...

Awww what a cute lil pup you were Precious - no wonder you're so beautiful now!!

Thanks for tagging me to - will get HM onto it ASAP!!

Love River

Ume said...

hi Precious,
thx for sharing! isnt it all fated? now Jiejie noes she muz pick a very black silky pup if she wans a bootiful silky like u!

Myeo said...

I think i know why you were the choosen. You were too cute to resist.

Love
Boy n Baby

Huskee and Hershey said...

My oh my.. your puppy pics are adorable!! Umm.. when my hoomans saw me for the first time, I think they caught me sitting and stepping on my brother.. hee..

Ben & Darling said...

CUTE !!

CUTE !!

CUTE !!

CUTE !!

You are sooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Awwww, Precious. Such a cutie. J x