Precious Barkday"s Ticker

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mid-Autumn Festival

Today is the Mid-Autumn Festival aka Mooncake Festival aka Lantern Festival for the chinese. The hoomans, usually kids, will carry lanterns while the adults gather around to eat mooncakes and enjoy the bright full moon. Last year, sista bought green tea mooncakes especially for doggies, but, I was being picky and refused to eat it after one piece. She said I wasted her money so this year, no doggie mooncakes for me. Instead, I got to share my hoomans' yogurt and durian mooncakes and they tasted soo good! Sorrie no pics for this year mooncakes. Sista was too busy eating and feeding me to take pics. *Giggle*

My last year green tea mooncakes.


Filling: Green tea paste with almond slices.


Me doing a mooncake dance.


After this piece, I was like, ok I had enough. It was too sweet for my liking. Burp! So my hoomans had to finish the rest for me and they all agreed that it was too sweet.

Last year, I got a battery-operated lantern, later tonight, I'm going to carry the same lantern. Actually, I know it is a conspiracy of sista. Well, she knows she's too old to play with lantern so she's using me as a cover up . *Giggle* Oh and sista went to the Chinese Garden to see those beautiful themed lanterns. This year theme is 'Magical Ocean'. I'll show you the pics on my next post. =D

10 comments:

Bella said...

Hee hee hee I love your cute little mooncake dance Precious
Wuffs
Bella

umekotyan said...

There are manners said by Japan the night of a full moon.
It is the same as China.
See the moon.
I want a wonderful cake and tea. ;)

from loved ume tyan

~Sweety~ said...

JJ bring me out to play with candles also.. haha

Lorenza said...

Hi, Precious
I hope you have fun there at the Mooncake Festival. sure the kids have great time playing with the lanterns. I'd love to see you there carrying yours!!
Enjoy it!
Lorenza

Lizzy said...

Oooh, that food looks so good! Hehe, I love the picture of you dancing.

Sparky

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh you look cute doing the mooncake dance. Can't wait to see your chinese garden pic. Did you get to go too?

~ Girl girl

Myeo said...

The mooncakes look yummy. Do show us the picture soon ok.

Love
Boy n Baby

Amber-Mae said...

The mooncake must have been yummy ha?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Kien said...

Precious dear.. i misses u so much.. sorry for not visiting for so long..

finally i have a new brother.. and am happy with it..

Cheers
Rossi

Stanley said...

Precious!!

Sista needs to get your mooncake dance on video. You look like you're really moving in that photo!

Hope you enjoyed the mooncakes. My girl misses them.

Zhu ni Zhong Qiu Jie kuai le!

Goob love,
Stanley